There’s no denying that we’re far from a full global recovery; in fact, most countries are still knee-deep in their battles with Covid-19 to vaccinate the mass population and finally attain herd immunity for everyone who is high-risk. Luckily enough, if we were to compare our current situation to what life was like during March 2020, we have improved by a significant margin, and the progress we’ve made so far is uplifting.
Furthermore, many pandemic travel restrictions are set to be lifted to stimulate more economic activity into the country and give the aviation and tourism industry a chance to stand back up and regain its bearings after a rough year and a half of nothing to fall back on. And to help our travel enthusiasts traverse through the world of packing, preparing, and planning their itineraries without a hitch, we’ll be going over the tips you need for a successful adventure during this pandemic.
#1 Cover All The Grounds For A Comprehensive Health Check-Up
Number one on your checklist of things to do before taking that flight is to cover all the grounds necessary for a comprehensive health check-up. Remember, the threat of catching the virus and spreading it to others is something we want to minimize as much as possible, and taking responsibility for our health and how it affects others should be our priority numero uno.
- Getting Your Vaccine And Necessary Testing Although you can travel to certain countries without being fully vaccinated, you’ll find yourself with plenty more options for travel if you’re finished with the second dose. Plus, if you want to double-down on international travel and set your sights for outside the country, don’t forget that you’ll need to test before the flight and even on your way back home to guarantee your safety and that of the passengers on the airplane as well.
- Staying Consistent With A Healthy Lifestyle While we don’t mean for you to become an Olympic athlete overnight, it does help if you stay consistent with living a healthy lifestyle through regular exercise and nutrient-dense meals. Both of these actions help reinforce your immune system and improve your general well-being, which will help keep any unwanted visitors in the form of illness from taking you by surprise while you’re out of the country.
#2 Avoid Crowded Places And Exposure To Multiple People
Number two, it’s always in your best interests to follow social distancing guidelines. Even if you’re fully vaccinated and physically fit, please avoid crowded places and exposure to big groups of people as much as possible. The last thing you’d want to push your lack for is in terms of health and Covid-19, so being extra cautious will keep you safe and guarantee you the fun you deserve at your destination.
- Be Picky With Your Final Travel Dates There are numerous countries open to fully vaccinated travelers, but please take note that you’re not the only travel enthusiast looking to explore and get out of the country. So, to avoid long lines at the airport and huge travel packs, please be picky with your final travel dates and choose ones with the least foot traffic.
- Keep The Travel Party To A Strict Minimum: We know how fun and exciting it is to think of travel plans you’ll be doing with your group of friends; however, we strongly recommend that you keep the travel party to a strict minimum for your safety and well-being. Let’s not forget that international travel almost always translates to sharing small rooms or sleeping in the same bed, and none of us want to risk compromising everyone’s health while abroad.
#3 Don’t Forget To Pack All Of Your Essentials
Last but not least, never forget to pack all your essentials for traveling and keeping safe while going outside. For the most part, a face mask should do you good, but to be sure about any local guidelines, do your due diligence in researching any specific intervention measures that your destination has in place.
- Always Have Your Personal Protective Equipment Handy: Whether it be a few extra gloves, a couple of face masks, or some hand sanitizer to keep you topped up while traveling, it never hurts to have extra PPE handy and inside your bag. You never know when the weather will get super hot and require you to swap out due to sweating, so coming prepared is no longer a bonus but mandatory.
- Proper Planning And Reservations Are Key: Other than the things you can physically pack into your bag or trolley, we also suggest that you plan all of your reservations early to avoid any unnecessary waiting and hold-up time. In doing so, you’ll know what to expect and have better control over your entire trip because you’re always aware of what’s to come next.
International Travel Is Possible, But With A Few Caveats.
In conclusion, we want to drive home the fact that international travel is very much possible, and so as long as you’ve got the bank savings ready and aren’t too worried about the caveats, you’re pretty much just one brainstorming session away from making your adventure happen! Just make sure to double and triple-check on the pre-departure tips we’ve provided you to guarantee that you’re not missing anything important before you go.